Monday, March 1, 2010

Photo of the Week--3/1/10


I'm smiling now, at the bottom of this hill on the Greek island of Santorini. That's because I was unaware of exactly what lay ahead of me. We had only an evening on Santorini during our cruise of the Greek Isles, and there was a long line for the cable cars you can see just above my head. We wanted lots of time in the city above, so we decided, why not take the old-fashioned way? I guess I wasn't paying attention to the path the donkeys took to get there: steep, full of switchbacks, and only about three donkeys wide. I would have preferred that the donkeys stay to the inside of the road, but no, they were trained to stay to the right, near the edge. I had visions of my obituary: "plunged to her death in an unfortunate donkey-riding accident." Needless to say, I made it to the top unscathed, except for smelling slightly like donkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment